No Handbook

There is no handbook for single parenting. Now that I have been fully lounged into the role - no grandma, no nanny.

I had subconsciously befriended other single parents for tips on how to rise up to the role -mostly African Americans -acknowledging with humility that the judgement I passed on them in the past was unfair and now mine to bear.

Weekday mornings were especially challenging. It is then we drag ourselves out of bed racing against the ticking time.  Every deadline had to be made - the school bell,  the metro bus, my first morning meeting.
In the midst of the crazy schedule, I am reminded of how blessed I am to have school breakfast and lunch for my kids - one less thing I had to worry about.

I am not unaware of how blessed I am to have children who independently ready themselves in the morning. Who participate in daily clean ups. I am grateful oh Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The wound is the place where the light enters you

2022 - year of self care

A typical day with my beloved