Trust & Will

Friday, April 10th 2020, I had time to create my Will. My mom has always been my beneficiary, guardian, executor everything that needed to be designated, however now she is up in age about 74 years old and I am at a loss. Who do I appoint as the executor of my will, I have many friends all of them embodying pieces of what I admire but none I feel like I can impose such a huge burden on.

Guardianship needs to be someone who shares same values as me, Lara and I share same values but there is the religious difference. Similar values but different Faith.

There is Nkem, I know she will be willing but can't imagine her caring that weight of guardianship and not be overcome by it.

Jane, my dear sweet Jane Jane, let me let her live her best life touring the vast beauty the world has to offer. Guardianship is probably best asked of someone who already has kids or wants to have kids.

Ayo A - she can handle it, wouldn't that be selfish though? After she had raised hers and some asking her of that?

Then comes Eso, love Eso, she routinely calls to check on me, listens to my venting, even though I know venting to her about my dramas weigh her down. I also have seen how she gets overwhelmed my the domestic requirements of being a wife and a mom. Would she be able to deal with 4 kids? I barely can deal with four kids. My two and her two 🤔? Love you girl, wont ask that of you.

Damilola, my cousin, my mom's sister's daughter. We have grown close over the years. She should be a natural choice. She wasn't too enthusiastic about being my executor, no one is enthusiastic about being my executot hearing my stories of how my ex husband is difficult - perhaps she will be okay being appointed as my kids guardian?

Tumi, add my 2 to her 4?! That will be a hate crime.

Kehinde, Loretta, I can actually see the possibility 🤔.
Kehinde can get mad sometimes though. Obviously stemming from past traumas.

My brothers? - Debo...hmmm...he comes with the Debbie package...Next! Seun? - hmmmm...doesn't guardianship need to be someone who has space in his or her life for others?

Bunmi Akindebe - hmmm, that's a possibility. But poor Bunmi - mother, nurse health care manager, pastor Mrs, writer. This will be extra!

I am running out of names of folks here in America. An appointed guardian needs to live in same country as kids, no? Long list of names, yet I have not been able to land on anyone that I can say precisely, beyond a shadow of doubt can take on the barton of guardianship if the unfortunate happens.

This makes me feel like I surround myself with many, but none can fill the obligatory love act of guardianship to my kids than a sister or mother can.
That makes me feel surrounded by loving friends, yet alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The wound is the place where the light enters you

2022 - year of self care

A typical day with my beloved