Sifting Trials

Nothing sifts the soul better than the pain of trials.
The kind of trials that made me -  a 26 year old believer in the Lord, question the fundamentals of my faith.
How can I, who lived sacrificially in youth, chaste in spinsterhood end up marrying what turned out to be my life's worst nightmare.
Its been 30 months since the  bloody abuse and I am still trying to get divorced. Abused in marriage, now legally abused in divorce.
I learned many things: I learned why the caged Bird sings,  i learned people are inadequate to the rescue, i learned u don't take the fight to where the enemy is most comfortable. But most of all I am learning anger and fear can only protect you so far. The best verdict i gave myself is letting go. Forgiving the offender, cause in that I find my peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The wound is the place where the light enters you

2022 - year of self care

A typical day with my beloved