Zencation Day 1 - Whitefish and Somers, Montana




Watching Super Soul Sunday on April 21st, 2019 I am inspired by former Laker coach Phil Jackson aka zen master to book a Zencation in Flathead lake, Montana. Why Flathead? The images just looked serene with a vast array of nature scenes - my kind of getaway.

Arrived today,  first stop - Whitefish. What a beautiful small valley town.  Stopped by Flathead Travels to say hello to the agent that booked my trip. Warm welcome.

The town has little tourists shops lined up on 2nd St. Am impressed by this Art shop with a display of African American and Native American portraits - glad and relived for the recognition as I already observed I am the only black person around.

Loulas cafe served an impressive blackened salmon sandwich,  stopped by Flathead Travels to drop off free 2019 tourist magazines and off I drove 20+ miles to Outlook Inn bed and breakfast.

The road is lined up by mountains, Christmas trees and oh there goes a herd of goats. This has to be a pretty sight in December.

How vast is the world and its geographically unique landscapes. I am going to do my best to quiet down my ever busy routine and center myself from all the chaos of the last few years.






I am in awe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The wound is the place where the light enters you

2022 - year of self care

A typical day with my beloved