No more fear of homelessness

I am safe now. My fear of homelessness is alleviated...mostly. As of today I have enough to pay off our home at 5718 Brook Bend Dr. this is a miracle! This is divine.

Today, Nov 9th, I just paid down my mortgage to 200k left (let me just be looking at the remaining money for some time b4 I pay it all off 🤣).  I am in awe of what God has done. Me a squatter with Aunty Tolu, Lara and Nkem - during the course of my tumultuous marriage, a nomad (moved 7 times in 5 years), a renter. A woman who was asked to move out of the marital home like I was picked up from the street. Formerly, a regular timid little girl from Moradeyo st., Maza maza, Lagos. Aaah! ...oluwa to bi lo ba. 

The abuse started many years prior but around September 2015, I left our home on Mound Lake Dr - to stay with my friend Nkem - fearing for my safety. A few days prior, my husband at the time attacked me physically. He punched and kicked me numerous times - bellowing the phrase "do you think you can be rude to my mother!", by the time he stopped, blood hits the kitchen floor - I am in shock. I raised my head, blood continues to flow down to my shirt and the kitchen floor. I don't remember a lot of things these days but I remember every bit of detail of that faithful day.  I remember thinking to myself...so this is how it finally ends. The hesitation, the fear to leave him and break up a marriage...alleviated! This time I knew for sure I was going to file for divorce and that I did. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The wound is the place where the light enters you

2022 - year of self care

A typical day with my beloved