Broken yet whole

I am:

- Banké - the shy and timid, little Ms nice girl 珞☺

- Fey (Felicia) - the boisterous, fun and goofy 藍

- Olivia Pope - the fixer, boss lady, whip cracker, karate chopper. The no nonsense part of me.

- Michael Ross - the smart one

AND

- Storm  - the bold and adventurous. Motocyclist, mountain climber, hiker, traveler.

All small pieces of a greater whole.

I joke about them being my multiple personalities - different parts of me that show up depending on the situation - sorry to my friends who have experienced all in one conversation 藍藍.

I have always wondered? - was I born this way or were they birthed as a result of a need to adapt to the world I was thrown into? Basically to survive. Who knows... I want to be done psycho-analyzing myself. All I know is I feel like multiple persons in one body - nothing psychotic here, let's not go there (if anyone is reading this). But has anyone ever accepted the fact that God may have made us this way? i.e. multiple persons in one.

We just discover them as we adapt to our world, almost like  -  the amoeba, the chameleon - adapting to blend,  adapting to survive.

I have always let myself feel like a misfit in many circles -

Home - only girl growing up amongst boys

Elementary school - timid me, amongst bullies

Boarding school - city girl amongst country folks

University of Ife - church girl amongst heathens - hahaha!

Morris Brown College, Atlanta GA - African girl amongst African Americans

Georgia Tech - black girl,  amongst white folks

Houston, TX - Georgian amongst Texans

Goldman Sachs, New York - oh lord! What a journey that was...where do I start.

Some may call it broken, I call it adaptable, all small pieces of a greater good whole. Isn't our heavenly father the same? - God the father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost. Multiple personalities of a greater GOOD, LOVING being.

Psychology gives it labels:
- MPS
- ng
- gif
- Broken

I CHOOSE to call it small pieces of a greater good whole.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The wound is the place where the light enters you

2022 - year of self care

A typical day with my beloved