Reporting outburst to my Aunty

Good evening Aunty, please let me report my self to you ma as i know it will sooner or later get back to you. I just had a major outburst with my mom in front of mama peter and in the midst of it I went off talking about all the way she seems to only criticize me all my life. Not much and support from her when people ( tumis family, lekans family, seniors in boarding school, prayer partner pastors etc) come and lie to her that I did something wrong.

Instead of giving me the benefit of a doubt she will take sides with these 3rd parties and I am left to my own. Her criticisms since my childhood (has nothing to do with her growing old now) never helped me build a healthy self esteem. I had to prayerfully build one myself in my older years.

Don't think she realizes how damaged my marriage left me. I am trying to heal from the last couple of years of lekan and his family's abusive drama. Criticisms edpecially from my mom only trigger all the memories of abuse I endured from friends in my childhood to  husband in my adulthood.

I need time to heal. I will help her with her remaining opthalmologist appointments but no more running around for her trying to broker baby sitting or cooking business for her with my friends. I will rather give her the money she believes she can make from those businesses.
I am extremely tired from 3+ years of a sanity whooping divorce process + single parenting + a stressful job all happening at the same time.
I feel like I am beginning to have another stress breakdown again and my bosses at work are noticing and all my parents seem to care about is that i run a 'million' errands for them while Debo does the minimum he can do and Seun is left to his devices.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The wound is the place where the light enters you

2022 - year of self care

A typical day with my beloved